We are a community of experts that specialise in the measurement, assessment and monitoring of underwater noise from biological, physical and anthropogenic noise sources.
Our services include:
- Data analysis services for any data acquisition system (SoundTrap, IcListen, AMAR, HARP, Song Meter, Aural-M2, PORPOISE, CPOD, National Instruments and more). Whether only a few days of recordings or several years, continuous or duty-cycled, we can process your data so you can focus on the results!
- Advanced acoustic propagation modelling in all aquatic environments.
- Biological effects (such as injury/hearing loss, behavioural and auditory masking in marine mammals and fish) modelling from shipping, pile-driving, marine dredging, seismic surveys, drilling and renewable energy devices.
- Sound source verification surveys, including those required for ground-truthing acoustic propagation models.
- Passive acoustic monitoring of ambient soundscapes, including marine mammals, fish and anthropogenic noises.
- Soundscape analyses, including noise budgets.
- Marine mammal monitoring using acoustics.
- Automated detections of sound sources, including vessels, marine mammals, fish and construction activities.
- Sound-source localisation and tracking.
- Detection, classification and tracking of recreational and commercial vessels.
- Underwater noise assessments for environmental impact assessments/resource consent applications.
- Monitoring underwater machinery noise to assess on-going performance.
- Designing and performing scientific experiments to investigate underwater noise effects on marine mammals and fish.